The Lynceus project has received the award for Best European innovative project of the Valencian Region.
The LYNCEUS project, set about revolutionising how rescues can be conducted in the future. The team sought to adapt low-power wireless technologies in order to help localise and track passengers, and thus improve search and rescue operations. Innovative wireless tags have been developed that can be embedded into life jackets, providing rescuers with the exact location of every passenger and crew member during an evacuation. A radar device has also been developed to detect the exact location of passengers who have fallen overboard.In this way, the technology promises to address critical problems that the maritime industry has long faced when attempting to evacuate passengers and crew.
Click on image below for the relevant press release.
Relevant articles about the Lynceus project:
1. New Technology for Safe Ship Evacuation: The Lynceus Project.
2. How wireless technology can dramatically improve ship safety during Passenger Evacuation
3. The Lynceus project for Safe Ship Evacuation in the news
4. Investing in evacuation technologies for safer cruise ship trips – Lynceus project
5. CYPRUS wins Global Lloyds List Innovation 2014 award (Lynceus project)
6. TEDx event (video): Safe Passenger ship evacuation – Technology from Cyprus company (Lynceus project)