Following a successful series of events in 2014 and 2015, we are very excited to be bringing the Maritime CIO Forum to Cyprus – one of the most influential maritime hubs for ship management services and ship owners. We are very honoured that Mr. Marios Demetriades, Minister of Transport, Communications and Works, Republic of Cyprus will deliver the Closing Keynote Address, and Mr. Andreas Chrysostomou, General Director of the Department of Merchant Shipping will do an opening Welcome Address.
The global challenge facing the shipping sector is to meet the ever-increasing demands of a dynamic and fast changing world in a sustainable and responsible manner. Clearly “business as usual” will not be enough to meet these demands. Innovation in products, services and processes holds the key to achieving safe, reliable, cost efficient solutions that also achieve economic, social and environmental sustainability targets.
With an expected audience of 120-150 of the most senior maritime executives from both within Cyprus and further afield, the Maritime CIO Forums have been developed to address issues and trends that leaders in the shipping community face in an increasingly demanding environment; expected to deliver strategies capable of both driving revenue and reducing costs – all while making smart decisions about technology selection, investment and implementation. Throughout this one-day high-level forum, regional and international industry leaders will share their strategies to address the challenges presented by the new maritime landscape, and the key roles played by innovation and the drive for sustainability.
As well as a focus on technical developments, this forum will address challenges that all companies are facing at present – such as:
- How is innovation in communications driving the future of shipping?
- Technology for the new maritime landscape
- Cyber security and future-proofing your IT infrastructure
- Innovating and investing in the industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big data and analytics to drive innovation, competitiveness and growth
- Putting information security onto the boardroom agenda
- The Digital Age – maximising efficiencies with next generation solutions for the maritime market
- Harnessing disruptive innovation in the maritime sector
Sessions will be led by panel discussions and interactive discussion with the audience.
This year’s speakers include:
- Marios Demetriades, Minister of Transport, Communications and Works, Republic of Cyprus
- Andreas Chrysostomou, Director, Department of Merchant Shipping, Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, Republic of Cyprus
- Tore Morten Olsen, Head of Maritime, Business Communications, Airbus Defence and Space
- Capt. Eugen-Henning Adami, Managing Director, Mastermind Shipmanagement
- Dirk Fry, Advisor to Top Management, Columbia Shipmanagement
- Despina Panayiotou-Theodosiou, President, WISTA Cyprus
- Emmanouil (Manos) Christofis, Cyber Defense Training and Exercises Advisor, Cyber Defence Capability Requirements and Development
- Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales Europe South, Middle East & Africa, Airbus Defence and Space
- Walter Hannemann, Product Manager, Dualog
- Katerina Raptaki, IT Manager, Navios
- Adonis Violaris, Marketing Director, Interorient Shipmanagement
- Håkan Olsson, Vice President, Maritime, Kymeta
- Constantinos Hadjistassou, Assistant Professor of Engineering Science, Programme Coordinator BSc, MSc and PhD in Oil & Gas (Energy) Engineering, University of Nicosia
- George Panayi, Research Fellow – Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics, Cyprus University of Technology
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Other senior business and technical executives in technology, communications, information management, operations, and finance functions
- Suppliers providing:
- Ship Shore Communications
- Software / Data Services
- Shipboard Electronics / Safety / Navigation Systems
- Control Systems / Power
- Security Technology
All sessions will be free for end users (ship owners, managers and yards) and just EUR495 for all others.
For more information about this programme or to find out how your company can be part of the Digital Ship Maritime CIO Forum – Cyprus 2016 please contact email@example.com
Visit http://thedigitalship.com/cyprus16 for the full agenda and further information.