The US Coast Guard issued a Marine Safety Information Bulletin (MSIB) providing an update on aspects of the Alternate Management Systems (AMS) program for ballast water management and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Alternate Management Systems
- Extension of Compliance Date and AMS Installation
- Vessel with BWMS not accepted for use as an AMS
- Vessel with expired BWMS type approval certificate
- Vessel under contract to be fitted with an AMS prior to availability of a Coast Guard type-approved system
- Carriage of the AMS acceptance letter
- Reporting requirements if an AMS is not operating properly
- Reporting AMS use to the National Ballast Information Clearinghouse (NBIC)
- Verification of compliance with the regulations
Click on below image to download the relevant USCG Marine Safety Information Bulletin.