(http://www.MaritimeCyprus.com) ISO 14001 helps businesses of all sizes across all sectors make their day to day operations more sustainable. Sustainability can ultimately save money, improve brand reputation, engage employees and build resilience against uncertainty as well as the ability to rapidly adapt to change.
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of
waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
Maritime Companies (Owners, Managers, Charterers) are increasingly concerned about achieving and demonstrating sound performance on Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, Energy management as well as Social Responsibility issues.
ISO 14001 benefits:
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees
- Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
Video 1: ISO and the Environment.
Video 2: Why ISO14001 is so important?