The IMO Compendium consists of an IMO Data Set and IMO Reference Data Model agreed by the main organizations involved in the development of standards for the electronic exchange of information related to the FAL Convention: the World Customs Organization (WCO), the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
REVISED IMO COMPENDIUM ON FACILITATION AND ELECTRONIC BUSINESS
The preamble of FAL.5/Circ.41 is the following:
- The Facilitation Committee, at its forty-third session (8 to 12 April 2019), approved the Revised IMO Compendium on facilitation and electronic business, as set out in the annex.
- The Committee recalled that this revised Compendium refers to the data elements related to the FAL Convention.
- The Committee agreed to keep the Compendium under review and further development, including in relation to an expanded role into data elements beyond those mandated by the FAL Convention.
- Member Governments are invited to bring the Compendium to the attention of all parties concerned.
- Member Governments, international organizations and non-governmental organizations with consultative status are also invited to bring to the attention of the Committee, at the earliest opportunity, the results of the experience gained from the use of the Compendium for consideration of action to be taken.
- This circular revokes FAL.5/Circ.40 issued on 4 July 2013. Any reference to FAL.5/Circ.40 and its corrigenda should be read as reference to the present circular.
Download of the FAL.5/Circ.41 by clicking below: