P&O Maritime Logistics is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with its customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O’s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, skillful and organized individual to join our team in Cyprus as a Senior Accounts Officer who will have the responsibility for the overall process and control of the financial matters for Cyprus.
The Senior Accounts Officer is the first point of contact for all Finance related queries and provides monthly management reports as well as supports the operations more broadly on financial matters. Other tasks include billing, bookkeeping, budget preparation and control, forecasting, and management reporting to support business decisions (existing and new opportunities) and other ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting & Finance or Economics.
ACCA or ACA graduate or other equivalent
- Minimum of five years proven financial / accounting preferably in the shipping industry or related.
- Sound knowledge of International Accounting standards and practices (IFRS)
- Exposure to year-end processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics AX and advanced Excel
- Very good command of Greek and English language, both writing and verbally.
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize requirements to meet deadlines
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including report writing
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to build effective relationships
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment
- Capable to work under stress in emergency cases
A competitive salary package corresponding to the successful applicant's skills and experience will be offered.
Interested applicants are required to submit their curriculum vitae at Limassol.HR@pomaritime.com by the 15th of July 2020.
Applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Vacancy posted: 3 July 2020
Vacancy deadline: 15 July 2020