Petronav Ship Management Limited is seeking to recruit a Technical Superintendent.
- Reporting to: Technical Manager
- Supervises vessels technical operations, monitors vessel condition complying with all relevant National, International rules & regulations and port requirements and designs relevant compliance programs
- Ensures that all vessel’s certification and documentation regarding Class, Flag and International requirements are in order
- Liaises with Flag and Class as required
- Manages all technical matters in order to optimize the maintenance level and ensures that safety is being given the TOP priority
- Close monitoring and implementation of Company’s SMS
- Manages the operating expenditure (OPEX) and capital expenditure (CAPEX) technical budgets for the repair & maintenance, dry docking, including monitoring and control of cost for spare parts, consumables, fuel and lube oil consumption
- Prepares detailed specifications and budgets for dry dockings, conversions/modifications and on-going repair & maintenance
- Attends to vessels’ dry dockings, Class, Flag, third party inspections and audits
- Monitors the quality of all service providers
- Evaluates and prioritizes requirements for planned and unplanned jobs
- Co-operates closely with all onshore Departments to achieve the optimum vessels’ performance consistent with their commercial obligations
- Contributes to Departmental goals and promotes most efficient and cost effective approach to ship personnel
- Encourages and develops a strong safety culture and environmental awareness
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of ship personnel
- Undertakes any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Academic qualifications such as BSC or MSC in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Sea-going experience of as Chief Engineer/First/Second Engineer for at least 3 years.
- Previous experience in a similar shoreside position
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong English and good Greek communication skills, both written and verbal
Please apply with an updated resume and a motivation letter to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Our team will review your application and a consultant will get in touch with you accordingly.
Vacancy posted: 10 July 2020