Island Oil Ltd is seeking to recruit a Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Executive.
This position ensures proper monitoring and implementation of the QMS with the aim of continuous improvement. This role requires that both external and internal requirements are met.
- Manages the audit programme of the QMS & provides summaries of findings & effectiveness of the system at the Management review meeting.
- Acts as the focal point for any QMS problem and co-ordinates necessary corrective action & follow-up.
- Trains staff on quality aspects.
- Promotes awareness of clients’ requirements throughout the office.
- Ensures that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
- Reports all deficiencies or improvement of QMS to the Quality Manager and controls any changes to the system.
- Ensures that all staff ashore are aware of the company QMS.
- Ensures the correct distribution and upkeep of the QMS.
- Implements Company’s QMS and makes suggestions for improvements.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- University degree in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant working experience within the shipping industry
- Certified ISO Auditor
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001 & ISO 18001 systems
- Excellent organisation & computer skills (database, spreadsheet, quality applications)
- Methodical approach to work
- Strong communicator with excellent analytical, verbal & written skills
- Ability to find, collect and compile information/ data
- Ability to make administrative/ procedural decision & judgments
- Leadership & mentoring qualities
CV’s should be sent to email@example.com
Vacancy posted: 24 Aug. 2020
Vacancy deadline: Not mentioned