Tototheo Maritime specializes in maritime technologies and services with the goal of optimizing vessel and fleet performance.
Services include innovative, efficient and functional solutions in the fields of satellite communication, navigation systems and digitalization services starting from pre-sales consultancy all through onboard installation and maintenance and after sales support. Headquarters are in Cyprus with branch offices in Greece, Dubai and Singapore.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for overseeing all product development aspects of the Tototheo Maritime offering, from the technology and technical feasibility perspectives. The CTO is also responsible for the proper function and availability of live environments and products to the customers. Continuous innovation and budget management form the other two main functions of this role. The CTO works with the Executive Management to develop Tototheo Maritime through the use of technological resources. Using a proactive and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees in the Technology Business Unit to attain Tototheo Maritime’s strategic goals established in the strategic plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of Tototheo Maritime’s technological development.
- Ensure all software and services related Intellectual Property of Tototheo Maritime are valuable and securely safeguarded in cooperation with the management.
- Develop and take responsibility for the Technology roadmap.
- Develop and take responsibility for the Technology budget, working closely with executive management, finance, and other business unit heads.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the maritime industry’s needs, expectations, and trends.
- Seek business enabling technology and drive innovation.
- Conduct research and case studies on leading-edge technologies and make determinations on their feasibility and applicability of implementation.
- Take responsibility for the management of technology providers.
- Represent the Technology in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions.
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity.
- Spearhead IT and Product Development projects.
- Oversee the SatCom and other Customer Support services of Tototheo Maritime.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
- A Degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Software Development, or other related fields.
- A post-graduate Degree in an IT, Project Management, or Management related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong “executive management” skills.
- A strong “can do” CTO who delivers high-quality results, on-time, and within budget.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout TM.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Able to be a “big picture” thinker.
- Being able to lead and work within a multi-disciplinary setting to achieve consensus.
If you feel that this position matches your profile please send your CV quoting the job title to the following email email@example.com