The Management System & Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that CMMI’s policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards.
In this position, he/she will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing organization processes, and leading training sessions. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the latest procedures and regulations relevant to CMMI as an EU and State funded Center of Excellence in Marine & Maritime Research & Innovation.
Furthermore he/she will undertake the following duties:
- Risk Management: Perform risk identification, analysis, and prioritization and report to the management. Responsible for contingency planning, implementation of contingency actions, and monitoring of identified risks to ensure that risks are recognized and tackled early without hindering the operation of the Institute.
- Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management: Perform the development of the Institute’s Management System, the implementation of the policies and procedures set out in it and the verification of implementation.
- Legal and Ethics Management: Deal with issues related to any legal, ethical and GDPR data protection and reporting and overseeing that CMMI activities are conducted ethically and comply with national and EU legislation.
- Develop, implement and review company policies and regulations;
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports;
- Assess company operations including policies, investments, and procedures to determine compliance risk;
- Audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks;
- Create and manage effective control systems and action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations;
- Periodically review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues;
- Coordinate with different department managers to review departmental compliance policies;
- Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues;
- Respond to employee concerns about legal and ethical compliance.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law, Engineering; Business Administration or relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Management System [ISO9001-14001-45001-50001 -preferably at Lead Auditor’s level] or/and Compliance Officer or similar position;
- Strong knowledge of quality systems required by EU funded programmes;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills in English and Greek;
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their full CV in English, accompanied by a single-page cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference MS&CO2020, no later than the 30th of October 2020.
Only applications that fulfill the above criteria will be considered.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For further information please contact Tel: +357-24201600
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), is an innovative, non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI draws on expertise from local universities and industry and international partners. The goals of the CMMI are to develop knowledge and utilise new approaches and technologies to solve challenges facing the marine environment and the wider maritime and offshore sectors. The focus areas include, but are not limited to, big data and cybersecurity, robotics and autonomous systems, materials, structures, and testing, environmental modeling and mapping, energy and subsea resources, vessel design and performance, marine bio-resources, ports, logistics, tourism, safety, risk, and regulation, and cultural heritage.