Marlow Navigation is looking for a DevOps Engineer that is passionate about automating, developing and executing DevOps best-practices, providing solution architectures, and strategy for DevOps adoption.
If you want to join a completely new team and a big project and get involved in the setup of the new, complicated system from the ground up that will provide job security, then keep reading.
We are looking for someone who loves working on infrastructure and operations, loves to mix system administration and development, someone who is passionate about learning new skills.
We are looking for someone:
- Improving the reliability of the systems.
- Automating common procedures.
- Developing CI/CD practices to improve the release process.
- Researching new technologies and finding innovative solutions to improve processes.
- Supporting colleagues as a contact partner for problems with development environments, testing tools and test systems.
- Ensuring a high standard of quality in your work to be a good example for your colleagues.
- Always working closely with others in teams and be in constant exchange with them.
Technically you should have:
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Low-level knowledge of systems (Linux, GNU tooling), networking (OSI model, DNS, routing) and virtualisation vs containerisation.
- Programming experience with Bash/Python, templating languages (YAML/ Jinja/ gotemplate)
- Experience in any cloud or virtualisation solution (AWS, GCP, VMware, KVM )
- Docker Compose and Dockerfiles.
- Kubernetes experience is not mandatory but it will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience using CI/CD systems.
- Experience using monitoring and alerting tools ( Prometheus, Grafana, Opsgenie, Pagerduty, Icinga, Zabbix, Nagios)
- Experience in configuration tools and frameworks (Terraform/Ansible/Helm)
- Good at adapting to new tools, processes and challenges.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Marlow Group is one of the leading ship management companies globally today. We manage a diverse fleet of vessels via a worldwide network of fully owned subsidiary offices and coordinated from our headquarters in Limassol Cyprus. This is all supported by our in-house crew and ship management operating application.
Fast-moving changes and new possibilities in today’s digital landscape have led us towards embarking on a major transformation to re-design this tailor-made software. As such, we are looking to strengthen our core IT and Development team to assist in evaluating the current setup, and ultimately to assist in creating and rolling out a new innovative solution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable, reputable and growing company, and be part of an initiative with enormous potential for acceleration within our industry.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience, plus excellent working conditions at one of Cyprus' most well-known international companies. Only those eligible to work in Cyprus/the EU will be considered.
Candidates are requested to apply directly on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the following link:
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Partner. Ship. Redefined