Marlow Navigation is looking for a Scala Developer/Software Engineer that has the traits of a self-starter who is constantly challenging themselves to write better code, learn new technologies, and help colleagues grow.
If you want to join a completely new team and a big project and get involved in the setup of the new, complicated system from the ground up, that will provide job security, then keep reading.
We are looking for someone:
- Experienced in Scala
- experienced in building reactive systems
- with strong and demonstrable problem-solving ability
- comfortable with self-management and on-the-job learning
- curious and passionate about new technologies
- with the ability to teach and share knowledge to his/her peers.
Technically you should have:
- Experience with Akka, Play/Lagom Framework
- experience with building streaming applications
- experience with branching strategies in Git and as well as Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery practices
- working experience of container technologies (Docker) and micro-service architecture.
Bonus Requirements to Stand out
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- experience working with Apache Kafka
- knowledge and experience on AWS
- experience in Scrum and agile methodologies
- experience with JIRA.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Marlow Group is one of the leading ship management companies globally today. We manage a diverse fleet of vessels via a worldwide network of fully owned subsidiary offices and coordinated from our headquarters in Limassol Cyprus. This is all supported by our in-house crew and ship management operating application.
Fast-moving changes and new possibilities in today’s digital landscape have led us towards embarking on a major transformation to re-design this tailor-made software. As such, we are looking to strengthen our core IT and Development team to assist in evaluating the current setup, and ultimately to assist in creating and rolling out a new innovative solution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable, reputable and growing company, and be part of an initiative with enormous potential for acceleration within our industry.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience, plus excellent working conditions at one of Cyprus' most well-known international companies. Only those eligible to work in Cyprus/the EU will be considered.
Candidates are requested to apply directly on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the following link:
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Partner. Ship. Redefined