Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) is an integrated maritime solutions provider. Managing a fleet of 600 vessels, 18,000 seafarers and 2,000 shore-based employees enable the delivery of safe, reliable, and efficient ship management services through a network of 11 ship management, 24 crew service, four wholly-owned maritime training centers, and six representative offices across the world.
Supports the Company’s operation by the highest quality standards in international ship-management. Implements LPSQ and environmental processes across assigned vessels and proceeds to corrective measures in cases of deviations to enhance operational excellence. Performs visits to vessels to identify their compliance with LPSQ processes, procedures, and standards.
- Understands the customers’ contractual agreements to be able to deliver with regards to the ship management services for each vessel, in a cost-efficient manner.
- Reviews the compliance of deliverables from subcontractors’ agreements and requirements to ensure the optimum, efficient, and safe operation of each assigned vessel.
- Assists in the monitoring of safe and efficient operations of technical and marine operations.
- Monitors the effective operations of the equipment and machinery of the assigned vessels and identifies potential discrepancies from operational standards and implements solutions.
- Participates in the development of the maintenance and repairs plan for the vessels.
- Monitors the maintenance and repairs activities, in cooperation with the Onboard Management Team.
- Projects the requirements in maintenance and repairs activities, spare parts, and technical training of the vessels for the development of the budget maintenance plan.
- Supports the department’s operational and administration budget, identifies and reports cost-saving opportunities, and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, to ensure compliance with set targets.
- Monitors all vessels trading certificates to ensure compliance with existing maritime legislation, safety regulations, and operational standard requirements of all regulatory bodies.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of dry-docking and other relevant shipboard maintenance and repair activities.
- Manages all vessel visits, audits, and inspections effectively from planning to implementation.
- Liaises with the LPSQ department that will secure the alignment of all technical requirements and standards of the fleet with the Company’s LPSQ policy and relevant legislation, contributing towards environmental protection.
- Monitors and assesses the requisition requests received from the vessels.
- Reviews and offers potential improvements on technical issues identified from both onboard and shore-based teams.
- Ensures that all reporting requirements (inc. incidents, technical developments, maintenance activities, repair progress, current operational status, docking, budget spend pattern, etc.) are executed timely and are of quality.
- Review performance appraisals for senior officers onboard and provides feedback.
- Keep up-to-date with the developments in the maritime industry, to identify and propose relevant improvements and technical solutions.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent, or a Chief Engineer’s qualification.
- 3 Years of shore experience as a technical superintendent within a ship management / owning company or 3 years of sailing experience as a Senior Officer.
- Experience on Tankers and Dry Vessels is preferred.
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong knowledge of vessels’ technical requirements and voyage regulations.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Very good organisational skills.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV at: https://schultegroup.com/careers/shore/locations/cyprus latest by the 29th of November 2020.