Scope of duties:
This position is responsible to provide support to users of the company and in-branch offices and vessels for any IT related issues and check for any issues regarding hardware and software. The IT System Administrator & Software Developer is also responsible for maintaining and further developing existing or new custom software.
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing software.
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Works with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Prepares reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Directs software programming and documentation development.
- Maintains the IT infrastructure.
- Provides user support for IT-related issues of the company and its branch offices.
- Maintains and supports IT-related issues on board the company’s vessels.
- Assists with maintenance of the company’s websites.
- Executes any other duties assigned by the IT Manager.
- Analyses code for weaknesses and errors, and present detailed plans to improve them.
- Implements Company’s QMS and makes suggestions for improvements.
Required Qualifications / Competencies:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2 years of Data Base, Network Administration, or System Administration experience.
- 3 years of experience in developing and implementing software applications.
- Experience working on large-scale software projects.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential.
- Strong understanding of database development, ideally with MSSQL Server, Oracle SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes, and query optimization.
- Experience developing customized code for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Greek.
Interested candidates kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org