OCL Oceanic Catering is part of the V.Group
As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivaled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of The Job
The Health, Safety & Environment and Quality Manager (HSEQ) will take on the responsibility for setting, delivering and evaluating the management system pertaining to HSEQ processes in order to ensure compliance to all required standards and legislations.
The HSEQ Manager will be responsible for all HSEQ aspects related to quality & service delivery and be the pivotal quality interlink with all stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
ISO & QUALITY CONTROL REQUIREMENTS:
• Responsible for establishing, documenting and maintaining a management system as per the requirements defined in the Quality Assurance Manual, documented procedures/instructions and the International Standards of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2015.
• Review and approve the system documentation as defined in the company procedures (i.e. Operations Manual, Administration Manual & Risk Management).
• Co-ordinate and work with other management functions to develop, maintain and improve the effectiveness of the quality system, including complaint handling pertaining to food quality issues and service-related matters.
• Management of food product recalls and/or possible outbreaks.
• Establish and maintain a system for the maintenance of the records of non-conformities, corrective and preventive actions to ensure that all incidents, unsafe acts/conditions and near misses are reported and investigated using root cause analysis. Actively support the prompt implementation of corrective actions and learnings.
• Implement a program of periodic reviews and audits of the management system to ensure its continuing adherence towards management objectives and the ISO requirements.
• Provide management reports on the performance of the system for review and implementation of improvements.
• As per ISO 14001 & 45001 ensure that all inspections and checks are carried out as required by local environmental permit/planning permission. Report any environmental incidents, to ensure legal compliance with local authorities.
• Liaise with external parties on matters relating to the system (i.e. external audits, suppliers, & customers).
• Management of the internal and external reporting and communication (statistics, action plans, learning’s and best practices).
• Continue to be aware and up to date with new legislation whilst maintaining a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and developments that affect business.
• Support all team members and management by offering expertise and advice to improve H&S performance.
Catering Superintendents, Supply & Environmental Management:
• Manage the Catering Superintendent Network, including Vessel Visits and associate reporting.
• Management of Supplier audits in cooperation with the Procurement Department and Catering Superintendents.
• Management of quality agreements, supplier certification and product specification.
• Preparation and execution of regular suppliers’ reviews to ensure that quality objectives are met (Pareto Analysis, quality & service issues etc.).
• Annual suppliers review in collaboration with Procurement and Senior Management.
• Assist in the development and implementation of environmental initiatives, including monitoring and review of set KPIs.
• Development of the vessels’ recycling program.
• Continues engagement with vessels and principals.
• Preparation of Customer Service Reviews.
• Participation in Customer Review Meetings.
HR Matters & Other Tasks:
• To participate in training seminars organised by the company.
• Complete performance reviews for HSEQ team members and advise career progression or performance and knowledge gaps.
• To cooperate with all personnel and promote a friendly working environment within the company.
• To take responsibility of any other coherent responsibilities as they are defined by Senior Management.
• Experience in developing, managing and auditing Management Systems within the shipping, cruise and offshore industries, including but not limited to operational procedures and manuals under ISO conditions and other international regulations.
• Internal audit experience pertaining to ISO standards.
• Experience with MLC regulations, food quality standards and specifications, HACCP procedures, supplier and vessel audits.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, including advanced excel & PowerPoint presentations.
• The highest personal integrity standards.
• A positive outlook and be a self-motivated team leader with flexibility and inventiveness.
• A very good command of the English language both written and oral.
• Postgraduate degree in a related field of study.
• Up to date USPH training certification.
• Shipboard experience related to Hotel Operations, with adequate experience in Food & Beverage and Provisions aspects.
What can I expect in return? V. Group can offer you a market-leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
Apply via below link: