Vacancy Nr: VN2479
Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of The Job
-To assist the Head of Procurement with the definition and implementation of the strategy and measures for the assigned categories.
-To assist in the preparation and execution of project tenders, supplier negotiations and agreements.
-To confidently manage allocated category portfolio and assist the various departments swiftly and promptly with any appropriate support as and when requested
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Assist in the preparation and execution of tendering projects, according to the sourcing process in place: Tender strategy, preparation of tender package, internal and external communications, quotation analysis, supplier negotiations, contracting, business awarding.
2. Maintain all updated contractual agreements within the OMS and monitor suppliers’ performance and pricing, ensuring that all contractual obligations are followed by all parties concerned. Communicate any discrepancies to the Head of Procurement.
3. Assist with the review of product specifications.
4. Assist with the implementation of the Supplier Portal in all procurement regions.
5. Assist in the evaluation of new supplier leads and review their capabilities to support OCL locally, adequately and in accordance to the company’s HSEQ standards.
6. Actively feed back any concerns with suppliers to the Head of Procurement, including, quality, price, delivery, or lack of coverage in certain locations, and on any important feedback received from HSEQ & Operations teams.
7. Assess data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing fluctuations and market trends.
8. Apply statistical modelling methods to determine the potential impact of pricing strategies on profitability.
9. Prepare and present pricing analysis findings to the management team to define pricing strategy.
10. Assist and plan Supplier Audits in collaboration with the Head of Procurement & HSEQ.
11. Assist in any environmental initiatives that concern the company’s procurement activities.
12. Provide support in any ad hoc job-related projects and tasks, as requested by the Head of Procurement.
Required Experience Essential:
1. Successful track record in procurement organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders
2. Work experience in sourcing, ideally within Marine Ship Supply Chain
3. BA Degree
1. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
2. Convincing communication, moderation, and negotiation skills
3. Experienced with MS office
4. Fluent English skills
1. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage with people both inside and outside the company
2. Self-motivated, good team spirit and flexibility
3. Assertiveness with a pro-active and can-do approach to work
4. Ability to create own network within the organisation and to manage by consensus
5. Good organisational and planning skills
Proven working experience in similar role, with experience in assigned Categories of Responsibility.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
Applications Close Date 07 May 2021