Job Number: LN2021/01
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safeguard the Group and its clients from legal complications that may arise of a business activity.
• Oversee any legal proceedings and provide advice on legal issues.
• Ensure that the Group and all its departments operate within the law.
• Maintain the corporate records for all the Companies of the Group and clients of the Group.
• Liaise with the registrar, the ministries, the banks, external lawyers, external consultants, associates, service providers and clients regarding any legal issues.
• Prepare and or review and or negotiate and or provide legal advice on formal letters, legal notices, agreements and documents of the Group.
• Perform legal research and analysis and specific fields that relate to the core activities of the Group and its clients.
• Opening and maintaining bank accounts.
• Monitor legal and regulatory developments and provide advice to the Group.
• Being the corporate secretary of the Companies of the Group.
• University degree in Law.
• Master’s degree in Corporate Law will be considered an advantage.
• Experience on shipping law related matters will be considered an advantage.
• At least 1-2 years of post-qualification experience in a role with similar responsibilities.
• Exposure to corporate and company law matters, due diligence and KYC procedures.
• Good organizational skills and capacity to be detail oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good knowledge and use of Quorum software will be considered an advantage.
• Computer literate.
• Fluent in English.
If you are interested and meet the selection criteria, please send your resume and
cover letter to Human Resources Manager, email@example.com quoting the job
title and its number.
Deadline for submitting applications: 21st May 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.