The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment by CMMI of qualified applicants for Scientist/Researcher positions at Marine and Offshore Science, Technology and Engineering Center (MOSTEC), situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed term one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry, and international partners. MOSTEC’s areas of interest include, but are not restricted to, climate change, decarbonisation, offshore engineering, vessel performance optimisation, autonomous vessel operation, maritime electrification, and offshore renewable energy.
We seek to recruit visionary scientists/researchers with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is great incentive to collaborate towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. We seek scientists/researchers who will be excited to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MOSTEC’s growth.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conference, and journal publications, and develop software tools. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate skills within the broad field of Naval Architecture, Mechanical and Marine Engineering applications.
- A PhD in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or any other relevant discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal)
- Previous relevant academic or industrial experience will be considered an advantage.
- High impact publication on relevant topics will be considered an advantage.
- Participation in successful research grant applications will be considered an advantage.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking.
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills.
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested provide the following by email to email@example.com (Position Reference MOSTEC2021_1), no later than the 11th of June 2021.
- Cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1 page maximum)
- Short description of academic, research, or industrial experience (1 page maximum)
- Plans for Research and Innovation at CMMI (1 page maximum).
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506100 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org