The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of the Human Resources (HR) Officer, situated in Larnaca.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Larnaca supported by EU funds from the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders.
The Human Resources (HR) Officer is generally responsible for the recruitment, support and development of employees. This includes the development and/or execution of various HR processes and the compilation and updating of employees’ records The HR Officer also ensures compliance with data protection law requirements and HR procedures.
- Compile, process, verify, organize and update personnel related documentation, including documentation relating to staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications and employee leaves of absence
- Ensure full compliance with data protection law requirements (e.g., proper procedures and safeguards, strict application of the retention policy etc.)
- Prepare HR related policies, procedures, instructions and forms
- Ensure compliance with HR policies, procedures and instructions (e.g., evaluation procedure, probation procedure)
- Support the development and/or the improvement of HR policies, procedures and instructions (i.e., performance appraisal system, competency framework);
- Support the design of and execute the recruitment procedure for new job vacancies (e.g., job postings, CV screenings, assessment tools administration, interviews);
- Support in setting up an HR software
- Act as the direct contact for employees for clarifications relating to policies, procedures, benefits and other HR related matters;
- Complete personnel related forms (e.g., employment confirmations, immigration applications, paternity/maternity forms)
- Organize staff meetings and events
- Timely report to the Financial controller and the Executive Team
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Psychology, Law or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in an HR administration role.
- Accounting background and qualifications will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English.
- Adhering to principles and values: Acting with integrity and ethics, ensuring equal opportunities, embracing diversity, considering the community and environment.
- Working with people: Understanding others, adapting to others, rewarding others, listening, consulting, supporting and caring.
- Writing and reporting: Writing clearly, succinctly and correctly, convincing through writing, avoiding jargon, structuring information.
- Delivering results and meeting expectations: Setting high quality and quantity standards, working systematically, achieving project goals.
- Planning and organising: Setting objectives, planning, establishing contingencies, managing time, resources and people, monitoring progress.
- Following instructions and procedures: Following procedures and instructions, meeting deadlines, showing commitment and adhering to safety and legal guidelines.
- Analyzing: Analyzing information, probing for clarity, producing solutions, making judgements, thinking systemically.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their full CV in English, accompanied by a single page cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number FAU2021_1, no later than the 11th of June 2021.
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506100 or by email to email@example.com