Uniteam Marine is an international shipping company actively involved in all aspects of ship management with offices in Cyprus, Germany, Ukraine, Singapore and Myanmar.
With immediate effect, they are looking for a Procurement Officer to be based at their offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and validates requisitions for spare parts, stores and services received from ships to the office on a daily basis.
- Issues requests for quotations to the approved suppliers (with or without fleet agreements). Process all quotations using the procurement information system and prepares a procurement case overview.
- Collects competitive amount of offers, renegotiates the offers, supports the Technical Managers in the selection process and sends purchase orders to selected suppliers.
- Co-ordinates all ordered deliveries of ships’ spares, stores, services and service labor and makes sure that the goods are dispatched on time to the correct destination in the most cost efficient and effective manner.
- Informs the ship and the ship’s agent about spares/stores shipment details, and any additional services arrangements.
- Coordinates and follows up all logistics and tax matters relevant to supplies and is a sound counterpart to our logistic partners, e.g. shippers and forwarding agents.
- Resolves any discrepancies advised by the ship or the Technical Manager with the supplier.
- Maintains the filing system and data base to each procurement case as per company standards.
- Validates and processes invoices against respective purchase orders and forwards them to the Outsourcing Competency for payment.
- University degree in Maritime studies or other equivalent studies.
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience and seagoing experience is preferred.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Knowledge of MESPAS or DNVGL Ship Manager will be considered an advantage but not mandatory.
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.