(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) ThisÂ guide has been produced to help shipowners prepare their ships for lay-up and maintain them in a safe and cost-effective condition when they are out of service.
The lay-up condition you choose will be determined by a combination ofÂ technical and commercial factors, including:
- the time the vessel will be in lay-up condition
- the time that will be needed to reactivate the vessel
- the need to reduce overhead running costs
- the relocation of the vessel to its next intended destination, and
- the age of the vessel and its scrap value.
Click on below image to download the Lay-up guide:
Source: Lloyds Register
For even more guidance on Lay-up procedures, visit below articles: