FML Ship Management Limited is looking for a Buyer / Procurement Officer. This is a Temporary position for 6 months.
Job Position Summary
- The Buyer / Procurement Officer is responsible for processing, documenting, and communicating the requisitions put in by the assigned vessels, adhering to policies and SOP’s set by the shared services.
The Buyer/ Procurement Officer performs day to day purchasing related activities to ensure safe and timely delivery of requisitions ordered by the vessel with due consideration to the criticality of the item.
- Responds to the requisitions raised by vessels in company’s purchase module which is Oracle Supply Chain.
- Communicates with Category leads regarding prices and deliveries.
- Achieves the goal of cost efficient, safe & timely operations of vessels in accordance with company policy & procedures.
- Deals with category leads for supply of requested items of required on board.
- Carefully takes care of the purchase flow to ensure the desired result which includes processing requisitions
- Daily coordination with vessels to ensure prompt information & immediately address queries and/or complaints
- Continuously improve service quality and productivity levels. Proactively share best practices across the teams
- Coordinates with vessel, agents and local ship chandlers for the smooth delivery of orders
- Resolves issues regarding supply as raised directly by the vessel
- Provides feedback to Captain and Superintendent regarding local ship chandler for budget control
- Process invoices for payment
- Check & analyze requisitions based on the requirement of stakeholders.
- Comply with available frame agreements prices pre-selected by the vessel
- Issue the Purchase Order (PO) with all the required details (i.e. ETB, agent details) once approved (To be confirmed)
- Ensure that supplier issues Order confirmation
- Follow up on the delivery two days before of ETB
- Degree holder of any faculty with minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement, preferably ship management industry
- Diploma of any faculty with 3-6 years relevant work experience in procurement, preferably ship management industry
- IT literate for working with advanced procurement systems
- Good interpersonal & stakeholder management skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- High stress level, being comfortable handling numerous tasks within limited timeframes in a structured manner with eye for the detail
- Strong-minded with robust personality
Work Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to Ioannis.email@example.com
At the email subject section you must include Job Code: FML06/21 Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.