Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement is looking for a Training Superintendent (Gas) to join their team in Limassol, Cyprus. The chosen individual will be responsible for enhancing the overall performance of the BSM Group of companies by providing relevant and applicable onboard training for seagoing staff and ensuring the results of such training meet and exceed the group and customer’s requirements in a quality-controlled environment.
- Responsible for the development, planning, coordination, and supervision of all gas (LPG, LNG, and IGF) training activities, including the delivery of simulator programmes using the Liquid Cargo Simulator.
- Manage and coordinate all 3rd party external contractor involvement in the development or delivery of gas programmes, such as software development.
- Prepare course material, review, mark, and record pre and post-course test papers, workbooks, and practical assessments.
- Develop and deliver presentations and relevant materials in accordance with local legislation, company policies and procedures, and best Marine practices.
- Provide internal and external customers with detailed student progress reports, and ongoing individual and team development plans/course schedules/learning events.
- Periodically review training programmes, teaching materials, and visual aids, including student handouts.
- Obtain and maintain all required Gas training approvals, accreditations, and marine authority endorsements.
- Ensure all on-board training is delivered within a quality-controlled environment, learning transfer is achieved through controlled evaluation and assessment, leading to improved safety and performance.
- Regularly communicate with and provide periodical reports to Onboard Training Manager and MTC Manager.
- Ensure all activities are performed within the approved budget.
- During onboard periods, reviews the status and progress of all candidates currently participating in the promotion process, reviews status of cadets training progress and aligns it with overall group cadet program, coordinates with the onboard training Officer.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of MTC delivered training programmes and report any areas for improvement or change.
- Keep ahead of industry and BSM changes affecting training needs and Inputs.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer or Journalist.
- Diploma level or higher in Maritime or Nautical studies.
- Master Mariner unlimited Certificate of competence.
- IMO Model Course 6.09 – Training course for instructors, or equivalent.
- IMO Model Course 6.10 – Train the simulator trainer and assessor (applicable to MTC periods).
- IMO Model Course 1.30 – On Board Assessment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Master on LNG vessels.
Job Specific skills:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of LNG tanker operations.
- Good knowledge of terminal operations.
- LNG Bunkering – Operations and Management levels.
- Basic understanding of gas behaviour and laws.
- Good knowledge of gas compression and reliquification plant operation.
- Good knowledge of gas tank construction.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal communication (and Presentation) skills.
- Thorough understanding of all relevant legislation and guidelines including STCW and SIGTTO.
- Good command of the English language.
- Embark ships on short notice.
- An understanding of Andragogy.
- A comprehensive understanding of evaluation and assessment techniques.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and concepts in training.
- Thorough working knowledge of the PAL system.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by Aug 06, 2021:
Want to learn more about our exciting group of specialized companies: www.schultegroup.com