Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement is looking for an Accounts Officer, to join their team in Limassol, Cyprus. Working with a highly motivated team in a friendly work environment, you will be responsible for handling all accounting records and general ledger cards for both
the Shipmanagement Company and assigned vessels based on the accounting rules, standards and owners’ requirements.
- Vessels' Accounting Operations
- Execute all the accounting transactions of the assigned vessels including invoices, expenses, payments, and update all the respective accounting ledgers.
- Upon approval, proceed to the prompt settlement of all accounts/payments of related vessels.
- Monitor the financial position of the assigned vessels and communicate with clients accordingly.
- Provide information regarding the company and vessels’ financial status to support the development management reports.
- Reconciliation of all accounting transactions.
- Update the accounting system in order to monitor and evaluate the operation’s financial performance.
- Assist in the execution of internal and external audits by timely gathering and provide all the required data as directed by their supervisor.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of similar work experience, ideally in Ship Management.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting systems.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills Able to work independently, under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Fluency in English.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by Aug 15,