Established in 1988, Global Maritime Consultants Group provides expert technical, legal, training and management consultancy for diverse stakeholders in the shipping and offshore sectors. With offices and agents in over 100 cities and ports around the world, we serve national and international clients from shipbuilders, owners, agents and seafarers, to offshore operators, to bankers, underwriters and lawyers with an extensive portfolio of professional maritime services. GMCG Ltd is looking to recruit a competent “Administration Officer” to join the corporate office in Limassol. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Administration being an integral part of our team. This position would suit a motivated and hardworking individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies and generally handle all administrative duties in the office.
- Manage agendas, sending Memos / Marine Notices / holiday notifications as well as setting up appointments ordered by management.
- Answering/Manage phone calls and distribute mail correspondence.
- Processing all forms of documents legalizations enquiries.
- Receiving and preparing packages to be sent out and keeping excellent records of the courier activities/log sheet.
- Arrangement of travel requirements such as flight & hotel bookings, transportation etc.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Managing relationships and consulting with and coordinating advice from third party professionals including lawyers, auditors, and banks.
- Arrange payments of bills via bank transfers as per instructions, assisting in the opening & closing of bank accounts and follow up on all related bank administration matters.
- Support bookkeeping procedures in coordination with the Accounting Department when required.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data in coordination with the said departments.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals if assigned.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable.
- Assist as directed by his / her supervisor.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Telephone Etiquette.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent typing and MS Office skills.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Fluency in English is a must (Russian and/or Arabic preferred but not a must).
- Have a very strong team value work ethic and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic accounting would be considered an advantage.
- Diploma or equivalent in Secretarial/Business Administration studies and/or any related field.
The duties and functions require the incumbent to be in the Group headquarters in