Sea Chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based:
- in Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
- in Limassol in Cyprus,
- in Valletta in Malta, and
- in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
Position: Documentation Administration Officer
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service.
They should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should be always prepared, alert and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must have excellent computers skills and excel in both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Degree in Human Resources, Management and/or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an HR position
- Excellent Computer Skills (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet)
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Any additional language is an advantage i.e. German, French
- Holder of European Driving License
- Knowledge of MLC 2006, STCW, Flag State Requirements, Rules & Regulations
- Knowledge of Vessel Management & Maritime Business
- Knowledge of required seafarers’ documentation
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Be systematic and consistent
- Be professional and career orientated
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team within specific time constraints
- Able to multitask
- Able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
- Tenacity, efficiency, team working ability, commitment
- Willingness to work in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good team worker
- Show dedication and full commitment to the tasks at hand
- Desire to grow and develop within the Company
- Be punctual and presentable
- Oversees the smooth operation of the function
- Liaises with the Operations Manager to obtain the necessary documentation upon the assignment of a new vessel
- Prepares all necessary crew employment documentation and monitors their completion
- Ensures Employment Confirmation Letters are issued for crew
- Ensures that all required documentation (for recruitment, hiring, appraisals and any updates or renewals) is collected, checked, verified, duly signed and uploaded in HR System
- Ensures Crew Contracts are duly signed by the HR Crewing Client Managers and follows up on the issue of corresponding Addendums to Contracts, as necessary
- Ensures that all crew Certificates are obtained before crew join their vessels and that they comply with the STCW, MLC2006, Flag State Requirements and ISM regulations
- Undertakes the renewal of crew Certificates as required by corresponding regulations
Prepares Contracts for non-EU crew for visa purposes
- Issues Health Insurance Confirmation Letters, upon crew request
- Preparation of the U1 form (proof of the payment of social security contributions) for French crew
- Ensures all crews profiles in the HR system are updated at all times including wages, sick leaves etc
- Monitors the expiration of documents and ensures that renewed versions are maintained
Communicates and works together with Manning Agents, Port Agents, Medical Practitioners as required
- Is aware, implements and complies to Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Undertakes any task or duty assigned by the management
This recruitment invitation ends at the 6th August 2021 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
- To access your data in order to rectify it.
- To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
- in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
- You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
- If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.