Sea Chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based:
- in Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
- in Limassol in Cyprus,
- in Valletta in Malta, and
- in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
We are looking to hire a HR Fleet Officer
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service. Candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate.
They should be always prepared, alert and willing to meet each challenge directly. Candidates must have excellent computer skills and excel in both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Degree in Human Resources and/or Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an HR position
- Excellent Computer Skills (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet)
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Any additional language is an advantage i.e. German, French
- Knowledge of MLC 2006, STCW, Flag State Requirements, Rules & Regulations
- Knowledge of Vessel Management & Maritime Business
- Knowledge of required seafarers’ documentation
- Organizing and planning ability
- Be systematic and consistent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within specific time constraints
- Tenacity, efficiency, team working ability, commitment
- Communication skills at various levels
- Professionalism, career orientated
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Willingness to work in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good team worker
- Undertakes search, screening, interviewing, selection and hiring of crew
- Identifies crewing requirements by highlighting vacancies which may occur in liaison with the HR Crewing Client Manager and Hotel Managers
- In liaison with the HR Crewing Client Manager determines and monitors the onboard manpower requirements for each vessel
- Controls the Heads of Departments overview relief schedules in liaison with the HR Crewing Scheduler
- Is aware of the Standby Crew
- Evaluates respective sources of supply in terms of nationality, pay and international labour agreements
- Assesses the suitability of the crew employed through the onboard visits of the Department Heads
- Sets recruitment in motion by advising the Manning Agencies of available vacancies
- Monitors crew appraisals and performance upon completion of probationary period, upon sign off and End-of-Season and ensures their sign off by Department Heads onboard
- Ensures that the HR System is updated with the “Not Recommended Back” crew members
- Coordinates crew complaints as per corresponding procedure in Company’s IMS
- Communicates information to the families of crew whenever required
- Ensures that the candidates applied through the Company’s Portal are contacted and that the system is updated
- Undertakes the annual evaluation of Manning Agents
- Communicates and works together with Manning Agents as required
- Communicates with the vessels, understanding the needs of others and answering queries efficiently
- Is aware, implements and complies to Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Undertakes any task or duty assigned by the management
This recruitment invitation ends on the 6th of August 2021 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English to the following email OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
- To access your data in order to rectify it.
- To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
- in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
- You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
- If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.