Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement is looking for an Insurance and Claims Assistant to join their team in Limassol, Cyprus. The chosen individual will be the main contact for all H&M and P&I matters, execute all claims in a timely and effective manner and ensure that all claims are best handled, resolved, and promptly reimbursed.
- Liaise with the P&I Clubs, Brokers, and Insurers. Submit the H&M claims, and follow up with the reimbursement procedure utilising the Insurance Pal Tool for quick recovery of all costs.
- Ensure that all claims are properly recorded in the Insurance Pal Tool and that the claims database is always up to date. All claims must be supported with the respective reports, remarks, and reserves/claim estimates. Ensure that claims estimated are in line with the Insurance reserves and that any discrepancies are discussed with good arguments. Review claims once a month.
- Verify that the local finance teams assign the respective Analysis Codes to book all expenses related to the claim.
Non-Marine Insurances: 1. For shore-based employees i.e. Medical Cover, Life
Insurance, Group Accident & Travelling Scheme Covers. 2. Building Covers 3.
Vehicle insurances 4. Employer’s/Public Liabilities.
Analyse H&M claims data, identify risk clusters and propose suggestions to reduce claims and losses respectively.
- Allocate and process premium invoices (P&I, FD&D, and H&M) for BS and BSM Ships.
- Prepare BSM slip P&I and FD&D invoices, inclusive of BSM commission, for re-charging to BSM clients.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Shipping, or related field.
- Proven work experience in a similar role in the Shipping industry will be considered as an advantage.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good understanding of the marine insurance industry and P&I/H&M Rules.
- Computer literate.
- Analytical thinking.
- Able to work independently, under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good negotiation abilities.
- Good people management skills, team player.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Fluency in English.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by Aug 14,