A successful and well-known Ship Management and Ship Owner group of companies based in Limassol is currently expanding and looking to recruit a Procurement officer.
- Render procurement services to the fleet team in which the procurement officer is embedded. Close cooperation with the superintendents.
- Process the procurement requisitions from the vessels, taking into account the procurement policy of the company and the advices from superintendents.
- Continuously strive to optimise the procurement processes in order to come to the best price/quality ratio of goods/services purchased.
- Thereby contributing to the annual vessel budget and reduce the administrative costs involved in ordering the goods/services.
- Close cooperation with the logistics team to ensure shipment of spares, stores and consumable in timely manner
- Manage the shipment of ship mails
- Within the given authority levels, check and approve invoices and settle claims/ disputes with suppliers.
- Rate suppliers basis price / performance criteria
- Support of Reporting for Third Party Owners
- Other tasks may be given as deemed necessary by the superior
- Sound understanding of procurement and logistics processes.
- The procurement officer should have gathered working experience at a ship managing company or at one of the company’s current suppliers.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence when dealing with people often in difficult circumstances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in using PMS software solutions.
- 13th Salary
- One of the larges provident fund packages in Cyprus
- Medical scheme for family
- Internal and external training opportunities
How to Apply
If interested and you match all the requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title of the position in the subject line
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted