Petronav Ship Management Ltd, part of the Island Oil Holdings Ltd, is looking for a Purchasing Supervisor who will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing suppliers. Performs key procurement activities searching for the best possible quality at the best possible prices and terms for the company. Supervises the Purchasing team while also handling ship's specific purchasing requirements.
- Leads and supervises the Purchasing Team to ensure best possible performance in terms of sourcing and purchasing of all company's suppliers and services.
- Negotiates best possible prices and terms including bulk purchases.
- Introduces new ways to improve the operation i.e. develops and improves KPI's, reduces expenses, improves efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages requests for quotations, orders and purchases.
- Handles ships requirements from the requisition stage to the final invoicing.
- Monitors and ensures that goods are delivered timely.
- Checks and monitors on outstanding orders regularly.
- Processes all timely invoices accordingly.
- Prepares and monitors on pre-payments.
- Oversees the development and operation of Danaos system on purchasing related functions.
- Ensures implementation of the SMS responsibilities.
Required Qualifications / Competencies:
- Degree in Shipping, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or relevant degree and /or at least 5 years of experience in Purchasing Department of
a Shipping company.
- Extensive knowledge of technical and marine supplies as well as other services provided to a ship i.e. audit / certification services, inspection requirements.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Team player and team -building ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
- Strong English and good Greek communication skills, both written and verbal.
Deadline: 04 Sept. 2021