The client is one of the leading MNC in the maritime industry with a solid international client base and offices around the globe. To support the growth strategy and its expansion, our client is hiring an experienced Technical Superintendent (to manage Container ships), Based in Cyprus.
You will be in-charge of managing the technical and operational performance of 3-4 container ships. Your key role is to ensure safe and efficient operations of the company’s vessels, their routine and preventive maintenance, and that all international marine requirements are complied with.
Technical management and operations: Planning and allocation of resources, setting processes, implementing improvement plans in a rigorous and structured way for planned and routine maintenance of the ships under your charge.
Health, Safety and Environment Compliance: Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and compliant working environment as per procedure and work towards quality and continuous improvement.
Budget management: Take full responsibility for the budgets of assigned ships. Liaise closely with the technical, purchasing, and finance teams to ensure the budget is within the agreed target. Manage dry-docking of the vessels within allotted budget limits.
Human capital development and People management: Development of performing crew teams (onshore and on-board) with a strong focus on quality, safety, operations, and technical excellence. Lead, manage and motivate the employees on board.
Relationship management: Build and maintain close relationships with the clients, ship’s crew and ship management teams, and onshore teams.
- You must be a qualified Marine Engineer; a degree in business or any related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum two years of technical superintendent’s work experience in the industry.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a Chief Engineer on seagoing Container vessels/bulk carriers is a must
- In your past roles, you have demonstrated high quality technical and managerial skills in linking various organizational resources to excellent service delivery and operational results.
- People oriented and passionate about developing shipboard teams.
- Business acumen with capability to manage the budgetary responsibilities for multiple vessels.
- Highly analytical with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively with any stakeholder.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well updated with the latest regulatory requirements and its implementation.
- Join one of the leading companies in the industry.
- A well-defined role with wide career opportunities to grow further within the organization.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- And above all job security and a company that prides itself in growing people ashore and on-board.