About the job
Are you interested in sales and thrive with building relations in an international environment? Would you like to take on a newly established role supporting the Trading Floor, where you through engagement are able to develop and influence your own every day? Then, this is a great career opportunity for you!
Monjasa is a leading global partner in the oil and shipping industry who believes strongly in driving Personal Business. We aim to inspire our business partners and become first choice by challenging status quo with our original solutions.
As our new Trading Assistant, you will join a very outgoing, passionate and professional Trading Floor, where the global trading hours set the frame for the timing and level of business activity. Excellent trading is much more than agreeing on a price to close a deal. It is just as much about being customer focused, provide a high level of service and building strong relations. Therefore, your main responsibility is to ensure the great customer experiences with Monjasa through following all deliveries closely, involve the Traders when needed and always keep process optimisation in mind. This way you will contribute to free up valuable time of the team for them to focus on business activities to an even greater extent.
Areas of focus
- Map the daily bunker supply areas and analyse tanker and dry reports to send out relevant approaches
- Keep all parties updated throughout the delivery of marine fuel and lubricants to vessels, including Traders, suppliers, agents and customers
- Collect invoices and Bunker Delivery Receipts from suppliers, and update client overdues
- Send daily indication prices for main ports of focus and market reports reflecting latest updates and freight rates
- Update IT systems with sales/customer information
- Focus on streamlining processes in general
- Handle ad hoc marketing tasks, e.g. sharing newsletters with clients
- Assist the Traders and General Manager on ad hoc tasks
- Attend certain ad hoc events such as conferences and seminars
Your professional skills
- Relevant education
- Experience from the shipping industry is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in both written and verbal English and Greek
Your personal skills
- Open to changes and committed to build personal relations
- Able to multitask and prioritise own tasks
- Easy going and a good communicator both internally and externally
Monjasa as a workplace
Monjasa offers you a fulfilling career in a global organisation, where you will be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We enjoy great learning opportunities and are proud of our fantastic work environment. With “Monjasa means personal business” as the headline to our corporate purpose, this serves as the guiding principle for our business. You will also find that we live and breathe our values of Respect, Ambition, Curiosity and Smile & Joy. All four values and our corporate purpose are anchored in how we work together and reflect our company DNA.
Monjasa at a glance
Monjasa is a global partner in the oil and shipping industries. Our core business includes trading and supplying marine fuels and shipowning activities on a global level. We are characterised by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have experienced strong developments since our start in 2002. Financially, Monjasa is recognised as a robust business partner and total revenue reached USD 2.0 billion in 2020 - or equivalent to 4.9 million tonnes of marine fuels supplied. The fleet currently consists of some 20 tankers and operations and offices are certified according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
The Monjasa Group also includes offshore shipowning company CBED and IT consultancy, RelateIT.
We encourage you to read much more about the company, the job application process and some good and valuable advice on how to best position yourself for the open job listing at Monjasa Career's site.
Vacancy deadline: 1st of December 2021.