The Customer Service Rep is responsible for the day-to-day incoming local and worldwide services; assessing clients’ needs and coordinating dispatching marine electronics service engineers and spare parts to perform required work, optimizing all available resources. They will be part of the 24/7 global customer service team, will communicate efficiently with the regional team leaders, Service Engineers, supply chain & procurement services dept., and all key parties throughout the service experience, and diligently help to resolve any disputes. This position will report indirectly to the Group Customer Service Manager and directly to the
- Handling of all incoming service requests for service and follow-up services - local and globally.
- Reviewing e-mails and prioritizing responses considering time scales, time differences, shipment of spares, urgency, commitments to customers, and outside assistance (Subcontractors, Tech Support, Logistics, Sales, and Finance).
- Liaising with ships agents worldwide to arrange the attendance and shipment of parts.
- Responsible for service confirmation, quotations of worldwide services rates to customers including expenses, and checking availability of spares.
- Work closely with Service Manager/Service Coordination Manager/engineers to plan the local services.
- Responsible for agreeing on the scope of work and charge point with the customer. Ensuring the relevant purchase order is received if necessary.
- Check customer financial data (with Accounts Dept.) and if necessary, prepare a proforma invoice and payment in advance.
- Responsible for providing feedback/outcome of service to customers and providing solutions for follow-up services.
- Working with Sales to organize installation projects and informing them of any retrofit opportunities.
- Passing inquiries to the relevant dept. i.e. Sales, Spares, and Supplier Vendor Forms
- Provide cover during staff shortages (both local and other European offices).
- Participate in 24/7 rotation for out-of-office hours’ service attendances.
- Maintain Service e-mail database Processing service orders to ensure file is accurate and complete with all relevant documents, so it may be passed to invoicing.
- Maintaining the Service Calendars updated with ETA / ETB / ETD´s, and Agent details.
- Any other relevant task to the job.
- Good attitude and willingness to help others
- Experience in dispatching and field service coordination.
- Self-motivator, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be able to work in a team
- Must be flexible to work holidays, participate in duty evenings, and weekend Rota.
- Good communication skills and be able to interface with customers easily.
- Very good admin and organizational skills.
- Effective communicator will phone, and e-mail interact with many departments.
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a “whatever it takes” mentality (Positive and Proactive).
- bility to perform well in a busy work environment, work under pressure and to manage various tasks simultaneously.
- Any previous experience in similar job or in maritime industry will be considered as advantage.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English. Other languages are beneficial.