FML Ship Management Limited is looking to hire a Business Development Manager, for their Nicosia office.
Job Position Summary
- The Manager Business Development role exists in order to capture new business opportunities by identifying potential leads and securing them through a comprehensive sales cycle, in adherence to the company's business and commercial strategy and financial controls
Growth of business in responsible territory
- Proactive identification and capture of new business opportunities with focus on year over year revenue growth to generate increased revenue and market share
- Primary revenue growth responsibilities will be around the opportunity capture of new contracts that complement and grow our existing product portfolio in Ship Management business
- Lead capture and proposal team activities with a focus on customer requirements and budget, competitive intelligence, and price-to-win analyses
- Conduct customer engagements and customer call planning with the purpose of establishing critical trust with senior leaders
- Identification of strategic alliances, teammates, and partners for key pursuit opportunities
- Curate a pipeline of new business opportunities, to include qualification, pursuit, and re-assessment on an ongoing basis
Contextualize sales cycle policies and processes for Singapore
- Accountable for localizing sales cycle policies and processes for Greece & Cyprus
- Derive insights from the analysis of the local business environment to assist the Business Development Lead in tailoring sales cycle policies and processes to their respective business environment while adhering to overall commercial strategy and financial controls
- Assess implemented policies and processes within the sales cycle and collaborate with the Business Development Lead to align them to the local business environment if needed.
Align business development efforts
- Accountable for the alignment of business development efforts in Greece & Cyprus to the commercial and business strategy of FML
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain relationships with potential clients, influencers, and key opinion leaders to gain a detailed understanding of their future requirements and needs.
- Interpret Company level changes in commercial strategy in a Country context, and work to design and implement changes
- Participate in relevant industry forums and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals, and objectives
Provide input to development of sales strategy
- Responsible for assisting the Business Development Lead in understanding country level business development efforts
- Developing growth strategies and plans for Greece and Cyprus
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and client needs
- Develop long term strategies that differentiate us from our competitors and respond to competitive offerings valued by our clients.
- Aggregate and derive insight from business development efforts (e.g., conversation rates, sales) in Greece and Cyprus to inform strategic decisions made by Business Development Lead
Drive continuous improvement within the department
- Responsible for implementing and driving continuous improvement initiatives in Greece and Cyprus
- Collaborate within the department to identify improvements that can be made to policies, processes, or technological infrastructure.
- Assist in the operationalization and implementation of improvement initiatives within the department
- Monitor and report improvement in outcomes within the department to Business Development Lead
Oversee day-to-day operations
- Accountable for building professional relationships between FML and potential customers
- Oversee networking and communication efforts of account managers to ensure the creation and nurturing of leads into customers
- Engage in high level negotiation, proposals or conflict resolution with customers if needed
- Conduct all business in strict compliance with corporate policies and applicable international regulations
Manage and review costs
- Responsible for adherence of all department operations to budget
- Accountable for the review, aggregation, projection, and presentation of the annual budget for the department
- Assist in the identification, escalation, and resolution of areas of anomaly in budget reports for the department
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related fields with 10+ years of industry sales/business development experience in Maritime industry
- Proven success in a Senior Business Development or Sales position with a demonstrated track record of bringing in high value contracts across varied product lines i.e. Tankers, Dry and New Build projects.
- Experience in managing processes within the sales cycle
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of client needs and requirements
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship building skills
- Identifying Customer Needs & Analysis
- Developing solutions through expertise and creativity
- Developing leads through networking
- Closing deals
- Staying Positive in a high-pressure environment
- Working collaboratively
- Being disciplined
- Results focused
Work Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. At the email subject section, you must include "Application for Manager Business Development Cyprus".
Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.