Uniteam Marine is an international ship management organisation that provides industry-leading services to ship owners and ship managers across a wide range of countries and jurisdictions.
With immediate effect we are looking for a Trainee IT Service Technician – Fleet to be based at our office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.) for shipboard network systems
- Checks computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Installs and configures appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develops and maintains shipboard networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensures security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organizes and schedules upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Performs troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintains records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintains schedule
- University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related degree
- Good knowledge of regional and international data privacy practices and laws
- Excellent technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, hardware, protocols, and IT standards
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The position requires traveling
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.