Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement is managing over 600 vessels globally in international seatrade, with ten ship management centres around the world. The ship management centres in Singapore and Cyprus have started implementing a modern and global payment app for our seafarers, including a multi-currency wallet as well as the option for international payments and remittances. The solution will now be rolled out globally.
For this long-term project, we are looking for a Vessel System Administrator who can handle both hardware (mainly smartphones/tablets) and software troubleshooting, and who can support our Captains on board with the technical setup. The Vessel System Administrator shall be in a position to implement, oversee and maintain the complete payment app setup. This includes monitoring system performance, troubleshooting and handling of technical problems that arise. Part of the job will also be communication with Captains over the phone (in English).
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software and hardware components.
- Support data centre infrastructure.
- Proactively manage and maintain data centre.
- Provide support to vessel IT globally.
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale deployment.
- Responsible for backups administration.
- Monitor system processes and system tools.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science will be considered as an advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Systems Administrator, ideally in Ship Management.
Job Specific Skills:
- Proved practical experience with Active Directory, local and remote site and group policies.
- Experience with basic network and data communications.
- Experience with firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience with email gateway will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience with basic enterprise security will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to successfully multitask within a highly demanding environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Show initiative and strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional ability to organise and to prioritise.
- Fluency in English.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by March 1, 2022: