Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (Cyprus) Ltd is looking for a Loss Prevention, Safety and Quality Superintendent.
Supports the Company’s operation in accordance with the highest quality standards in international shipmanagement, while implements LPSQ and environmental processes across assigned vessels and proceeds to corrective measures in cases of deviations so as to enhance the operational excellence. Performs visits to vessels in order to identify their compliance with LPSQ processes, procedures and standards.
- Monitors the competition concerning the methods and regulations of the LPSQ operations, gathers intelligence for improvement suggestions.
- Participates in the development of the department’s budget and supports its accurate execution.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities, and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, to ensure compliance with set targets.
- Coaches team with training, development, performance management, and career progression.
- Coordinates with Fleet Managers and Superintendents to implement the Performance Appraisals for all Senior Officers of assigned vessels.
- Coordinates with external maritime authorities, auditors, and / or any other supervisory bodies for the execution of external audits.
- Develops reports concerning LPSQ issues and results, and upon approval, submits them to ship owners, BSM clients, and management.
- Updates PAL Compliance module with NC / Obs identified during ship visits.
- Implements the ISM Code and other shipboard audits to vessels.
- Investigates possible causes of accidents / incidents and develops reports with improvement recommendations on the procedures or working behaviours.
- Supports the development of onboard investigation plan and performs ship visits to identify the compliance of the vessels’ operations with the LPSQ standards and processes.
- Monitors the operational performance of assigned vessels and advises the Masters, on how to improve the safety onboard and apply environmentally friendly activities.
- Monitors the accurate implementation of the Company’s environmental policies on the assigned vessels.
- Follows-up the activities concerning LPSQ issues of the assigned onboard personnel and other employees.
- Identifies and analyses risks associated with the company’s LPSQ processes and acts proactively.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Marine/ Naval Engineering.
- Qualified as a senior officer with sailing experience.
- 3-6 years’ experience as an LPSQ superintendent within a ship management or ship owning company.
- Holds DPA qualification.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, environmental and safety standards.
- Knowledge of Legislation concerning Quality and Safety.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in customer management.
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions.
- Good people management skills.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by 14th of March 2022 at: