Sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, employing and managing about 16,000 employees onboard a fleet of more than 65 of seagoing and river cruise ships; plus, employing 200 employees in their shoreside offices based:
- in Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
- in Limassol in Cyprus,
- in Valletta in Malta, and
- in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
They are looking to hire: Accountant
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with expert knowledge, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making a positive impact, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful in this position, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- University Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience in the Finance/Accounting area (preferably in the Shipping sector)
- Holder of ACA, ACCA or CPA qualification
- Have a working knowledge of Oracle Accounting software will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literate (Windows environment, Microsoft Word & Excel).
- General awareness ISO standards and GDPR requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of the German language will be considered an advantage.
- Be an EU citizen or have a Work Permit.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective ‘people skills’; ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organizational structure
- Communication skills; being able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
- Sound business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- Skill in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and comprehensive way
- Attentive to detail
- Willing to learn and understand the demands and needs of the clients
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to meet end of month deadlines
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to multitask and work independently
- Be dedicated and committed to the tasks at hand
- Desire to grow and develop within the Company
- Be punctual and presentable.
- To support the Finance Department by performing various tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing, and other duties, as needed.
This recruitment invitation ends on the 16th March 2022 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
To access your data in order to rectify it.
To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
Other rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.