An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Marine industry. Manpower Cyprus, on behalf of our client, a multinational company in the Marine industry, are seeking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for customer development strategies, effective customer account management and support to specific commercial projects and initiatives.
The individual assigned to this position will be able to independently work with Senior Management in the Business Units to develop the commercial strategy, to explore and capture all opportunities in the market in order to grow Revenue, Volume and Tariff.
- Be able to independently work with the procurement and legal teams of shipping lines for contract development
- Ensure all commercial activities are covered by valid contracts
- Monitoring and providing specific support to Business Units to improve commercial status in business 'hotspots’, including developing specific commercial plans, as per Business Units budgets (relevant annual budget revenue and volume)
- Carry out independent commercial assessment of new projects (in the Marine industry), including providing commercial intelligence for projects and inputs to commercial assumptions of new projects
- Develop and update regional sales packages
- Responsible for Commercial monthly and periodic reporting
- Provide solid market information and studies on the marine industry
- Prepare and update clients and customers data base
- Protect and develop clients’ s reputation through correct business and personal behaviour
- Ensure that the highest levels of safety are applied in all activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years in-depth working experience in commercial, sales and/or marketing field in the Marine industry (ports/terminals and/or shipping/logistics industry)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management level and exposure to managing clients at a senior level ( B2B , B2C)
- Good understanding of supply chains and shipping industry
- Extensive experience of handling large scale commercial contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Marine, Shipping trade, Business, Sales or related field (An MBA will be considered an advantage)
- Very Good financial acumen
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations (in English and Greek)
An attractive package of remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates based on industry knowledge, experience and qualifications which includes provident fund and bonus scheme.
Interested applicants should forward their CV’s at email@example.com quoting the reference number: MP-0322-CM . Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.