(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) The new Guidance for Ship Operators for the Protection of the Health of Seafarers, Fifth Edition contains up-to-date and relevant information regarding all aspects of COVID-19 that effect seafarers and shipping companies.
This comprehensive guidance has been produced by the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) in collaboration with experts from leading international bodies to help shipping companies and seafarers follow health advice provided by United Nations agencies and other national organisations in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This significant public health challenge requires close co-operation between flag and port States, labour supply countries, shipping companies, industry associations and other maritime service providers, to protect the health of seafarers (and passengers where applicable) as well as the general public.
The Guidance for Ship Operators for the Protection of the Health of Seafarers, contains up-to-date and relevant information regarding all aspects of COVID-19 that effect seafarers and shipping companies.
New in the fifth edition:
- An updated introduction reflecting the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Updated information on testing, symptoms, and management of possible and positive cases of COVID-19 amongst crew members;
- Updated guidance on embarking and disembarking seafarers in accordance with relevant COVID-19 regulations;
- New guidance on repatriation of bodies;
- An expanded vaccination ‘Key Questions’ section; and
- Downloadable best practice posters, including a new poster on vaccinations.
You can download below the full guide: