Career opportunity to join MSC SHIPMANAGEMENT LIMITED, one of the world’s leading Shipmanagement Companies. Due to their continuous growth and expansion, they are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their Accounts department.
In this role you will develop your professional skills and knowledge to support and assist
our Finance Team and contribute in achieving Department’s objectives in line with the internal standards and external requirements. You will be assisting in preparing payments and supplier statement’s reconciliations, processing invoices and verifying bank details as well as participating in the day-to-day payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner. You will develop your organization and communication skills and build strong computer skills.
- Assist in day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payables’ data. Assist in processing of outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in reconciliation of the accounts payables ledger to ensure that all invoices and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Assist in the preparation of bank payments.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve vendors’ billing issues.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports detailing accounts payable status.
- Facilitate payment of invoices.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation, and legislation.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Resume any other duties assigned from management.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related to the role.
- LCCI Higher, AA, CAT would be considered as an advantage.
- Related experience will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Strong Mathematical skills.
- Strong IT Skills especially MS Excel.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accrual accounting.
- Organizational skills.
An attractive, above the market average compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV at:
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.