Career opportunity to join MSC SHIPMANAGEMENT LIMITED, one of the world’s leading Shipmanagement Companies. Due to their continuous growth and expansion, they are currently looking for a n Technical Purchasing Officer to join their Accounts department.
In this role, as a member of a team, you will use your business, technical and educational
background to support our fleet’s supply needs, all over the world, daily. The daily tasks including but not limited to arrangements for the timely delivery of spares and stores on board our vessels, ordering, monitoring the performance of suppliers and controlling of invoices.
- Arranging for the timely and cost effective delivery of stores and spares
- Arranging the supplies dispatch to vessels
- Ensuring that goods have been delivered on board
- Checking outstanding orders and enquiry files on a regular basis
- Handling and coordinating special purchases
- Monitoring the Performance of the company’s regular suppliers
- Handling monthly accruals
- Temporary cover of Purchasing Officer(s) within the same fleet in case of absence
Skills and Experience:
- BSc in Shipping or Maritime Studies
- At least 1 year experience in purchasing, ideally in ship management or ship owning company
- Organizational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic Accounting
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and purchasing standards
- Excellent command of English language
- Excellent command of MS Office suite
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV at:
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.