Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement is looking for a proactive Accounts Officer, to join their team in Limassol, Cyprus. Working with a highly motivated team in a friendly work environment, you will be responsible for handling all accounting records for both the SMC and assigned vessels based on the accounting rules, standards and owners’ requirements .
Vessels’ Accounting Operations
- Execute all the accounting transactions of the assigned vessels including invoices, expenses, payments, and update all the respective accounting ledgers
- Upon approval, proceed to the prompt settlement of all accounts of related vessels.
- Monitor the financial position of the assigned vessels and communicate with clients accordingly.
- Produce and submit monthly financial reporting to clients for assigned vessels.
- Provide information regarding the companies and vessels’ financial status to support the development management reports.
- Proceed to the reconciliation of all accounting transactions.
- Update the accounting systems in order to monitor and evaluate the operations financial performance.
- Assist in the execution of internal and external audits by timely gathering and provide all the required data as directed by their supervisor.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance or other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Accounts Officer, ideally in Ship Management.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting systems.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills Able to work independently, under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Fluency in English.