Contribute to Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement's goal of delivering a high quality, accident, and loss free performance on board, to achieve our customer satisfaction’s goal. Liaise with the crew, to identify potential training needs and support their well-being on-board. Act as the main contact of the crew’s training and development.
- Monitor Psychological Profile results of new Officers on board and identify training needs.
- Coordinate trainings at BSM’s Maritime Training Centres, Crew Service Centres, on board or other training institutions.
- Adjust on board training plans according to rank.
- Follow up the successful completion of training courses, keep track of completed trainings of crew and maintain data up to date.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the electronic on-board training platform (Videotel).
- Act as a first point of contact for Videotel support and arrange training delivery.
- Monitor competence management system and follow up on its compliance and development of each seafarer.
Cadets and Junior Officer
- Plan and coordinate with the Company, Crew Service Centres and owners in-take and vessel assignments for deck, engine cadets, junior officers and engineers based on budget.
- Monitor cadet learning programme on-board, ensure tasks and projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Liaise directly with designated training officer onboard to ensure mentoring and proper deployment of cadets.
- Provide information about internal and external training programmes for BSM employees (seafarers) and assist in selecting the appropriate training programs for individual’s needs.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Maritime or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Fleet Personnel Officer in the training and development.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of relevant industry and IMO regulation.
- Knowledge of new trends and concepts of training needs.
- Good knowledge of vessels' crew requirements and crewmembers' specifications.
- Knowledge of the maritime and development framework e.g. employers' obligations, training prerequisites etc.
- Good people management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.