Bernhard Schulte (Cyprus) Ltd (the “Company”), is part of the Schulte Group (the “Group”), which is a worldwide, leading family owned, ship owning and ship management group. Globally the Group owns 90 fully or partly owned vessels, provides ship management services and owns various companies which provide maritime related services (like port agency, ship chandlery, sea logistics, underwater repair and maintenance, hull cleaning technology development, NDT inspections, ERP solutions, etc.).
Bernhard Schulte (Cyprus) is looking to employ an LPSQ Officer (Loss-Prevention, Safety and Quality officer). The role is also known as Health, Safety and Quality officer.
Plan and assist in the execution of external and internal compliance audits, develop reports and update records according to legislative requirements and company procedures.
Administration of Audits and Inspections
- Develop the internal and external audit schedule based on legislative requirements and company procedures for the legitimate operation of the vessels.
- Arrange external Compliance Audits on vessels, as required by International Management Safety Code (ISM), International Ship and Port Facility Code (ISPS), ISO, to support the continuous conformity of the fleet with marine legislation.
- Maintain records of the vessels’ audits schedule, timely remind respective parties to enable them in the preparation of the preliminary actions needed for the accurate execution of the audits.
Implementation of Corrective Actions:
- Assist superintendents in following up the prompt and accurate implementation of agreed corrective actions from audits.
- Compile, analyse and record and maintain data concerning LPSQ procedures and activities (e.g. Forms SMM 08, all ship board meetings – Management and Environmental, Drills and Exercises shipboard and shore-based).
- Liaise with Governmental and Maritime audit bodies to timely collect information regarding modifications / developments in legislation and international maritime operation standards. Inform supervisor, propose, and support the development and implementation audits’ changes.
- Monitor that all vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operations. Based on Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, and operational standards of both BSM and vessels’ owners.
- Create reports based on internal and external audits results, update records on the Compliance System Module, and monitor vessels’ operational vigilance in the required corrective actions.
Management of Resources:
- Stay within the assigned budget, identify cost-saving opportunities and propose corrective actions in case of deviations, to ensure compliance with set targets.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Maritime Sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience within a ship management / owning company.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good knowledge of the ISM, ISPS, ISO guidelines/ requirements.
- Good knowledge of maritime law/ procedures.
- Familiarity with vessels’ technical operations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.