Bernhard Schulte (Cyprus) Ltd (the “Company”), is part of the Schulte Group (the “Group”), which is a worldwide, leading family owned, ship owning and ship management group. Globally the Group owns 90 fully or partly owned vessels, provides ship management services and owns various companies which provide maritime related services (like port agency, ship chandlery, sea logistics, underwater repair and maintenance, hull cleaning technology development, NDT inspections, ERP solutions, etc.).
Bernhard Schulte (Cyprus) is looking to employ a Fleet Secretary.
Execute the administrative and secretarial tasks to support the effective operation of the fleet department and the vessels managed by the SMC. Organize, coordinate, and perform a wide range of administrative and support duties.
- Fleet Team Support
- Execute the secretarial and administrative tasks of the department, in order to support the Fleet
- Manager and the members of the Fleet Team in performing their role
- Maintain records of assigned vessels certificates, and facilitate the preservation of their validity, in respect of Class, Flag, and international regulations. These should also be maintained in the Class System module
- Assist the Fleet Manager and Superintendents with TMSA and other similar external audit-related
- Assist Superintendents with PAL software administrative works
- Develop and update the archive of the department and timely update general databases
- Monitor timely submission of the inspection, quarterly and dry dock reports to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist Superintendents in finalizing their reports, maintain copies and update the Ship’s, Inspection List
- Monitor and keep records of ship’s stationery supplies
- Coordinate meetings of Fleet Team
- Assist with travel arrangements, visas, etc
- Process invoices check correctness, signature, and stamp, as well as filing
- Monitor timely visits to the vessels
- Manage the record-keeping of LO/FO/CW test results in the PAL PMS software
- Maintain and keep up to date the Vessel Register and Charter Party details and vessels schedules
- Follow up on routine matters with telephone calls and emails etc. with internal/external stakeholders
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the management
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in a shipping company ideally within a similar role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of PAL software will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy – intermediate certificate in Microsoft Word & Excel.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by April 22, 2021: