Bernhard Schulte (Cyprus) Ltd (the “Company”), is part of the Schulte Group (the “Group”), which is a worldwide, leading family owned, ship owning and ship management group. Globally the Group owns 90 fully or partly owned vessels, provides ship management services and owns various companies which provide maritime related services (like port agency, ship chandlery, sea logistics, underwater repair and maintenance, hull cleaning technology development, NDT inspections, ERP solutions, etc.).
Bernhard Schulte (Cyprus) is looking to employ a Technical Officer.
- Monitor all Monthly Reports from vessels.
- Follow up on Lubricating Oil/Bunker/Boiler & Cooling Water Analysis Reports. Highlight any deviations to the Technical Superintendent and Vessel for follow up action.
- Keep the Certification PAL module updated for each assigned vessel.
- Collate the necessary data required for the preparation of Owners Reports.
- Follow up on the service/repair arrangements as arranged by Technical Superintendent to ensure timely Purchase Orders and Logistical Support are in place.
- Arrange for necessary services for the Annual Surveys (Safety Equipment/Radio Surveys/Lifeboat & Davit Service etc.).
- Communicate with Classification Societies for Annual & Occasional Surveys as directed by the Technical Superintendent.
- Arrange for Annual and Routine Servicing of Vessel’s Equipment (Gas Instruments/MMC Tapes etc.).
- Support the vessel for ‘ad hoc’ & ‘emergency’ purchasing requirements.
- Issue Purchase Orders prior to the service delivery.
- Ensure that purchasing is done with approved and/or contracted vendors at the contracted prices.
- Negotiate with vendors to optimise costs.
- Follow up with vendor service delivery and update Technical Superintendent in case of potential problems, which will affect approved costs.
- Review the monthly ASBA and highlight significant deviations to the Technical Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Shipping or Maritime Studies.
- 5 years experience in purchasing or supply chain management, ideally within the Shipping Industry.
- Strong knowledge of vessels’ technical requirements and voyage regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of the local and regional market of technical subcontractors.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of PAL will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by April 22, 2021: