Mintra has an exciting opportunity for a creative and dynamic Communications Manager to join our international marketing team, to oversee all internal and external communications and to create engaging content. This is a permanent position which can be based remotely or in any of our offices across Norway in Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger, Aberdeen in the UK or in our Limassol office in Cyprus.
Mintra’s business is built on these two principles. We develop and deploy solutions that allow our global client base to develop and deploy their people. We are a leading supplier of digital learning and human capital management software to safety critical industries, with core markets in maritime and energy.
In a world where adoption of digital technologies is growing at pace, our work in creating solutions that solve client challenges has never been so important. Do you have the drive and determination to help our clients make that transition and ensure we retain our market-leading position?
About the job:
The Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing all internal and external communications, ensuring consistent and engaging content in line with Mintra’s strategies and brand guidelines. Main responsibilities include planning and creating high quality written material about the business and our activities, people, customer stories, products and services. As a publicly listed company, the role will also involve working with key business stakeholders and external consultants to write regulatory announcements and quarterly stock market reports.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute the marketing content schedule to ensure a steady feed of releases across our supported channels and media outlets
- Oversee the communications release process ensuring the selection of appropriate channels, timings and correct approvals are gained
- Manage PR and media relations to gauge sentiment and maximise coverage
- Focal point for internal communications, managing the company SharePoint news feed and supporting company-wide communications
- Monitor media coverage to inform the business and for content creation opportunities, report monthly on communications KPI’s and press coverage
- Working closely with external consultants and internal stakeholders to provide information for regulatory reporting and investor communications
- Liaise with internal product experts to create guidance and promotional materials for customers
- Interview customers and staff to gather insights and opinions on our products and services, industry trends, techniques and technologies
- Generate ideas for news, insights and case studies topics
- Write case studies and articles using technical product information to suit various audiences
- Review and update business and product descriptions to ensure information is current, accurate, readily available and consistently applied
- Support writing standards across the business with best practice and house style guides
- Create surveys to gather customer feedback on Mintra products and services, analyse results and present findings to the relevant parties internally and externally
- Plan, develop and implement press and social media campaigns that integrate with agreed marketing campaigns, key themes, content and product launches
- Proactive promotion of thought leadership campaigns and platforms. Engage our external PR agencies to proactively pitch content and deliver campaigns that support the marketing calendar and plan
- Manage fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges and opportunities with high judgment and professionalism
- Ensures that key segment and regional spokespeople are fully prepared and on message for press briefings.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting our business and customers
We`d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Corporate communications, PR, Journalism or related area and experience in a similar role
- Strong English and communications skills
- A comprehensive portfolio demonstrating creativity, high calibre research and writing ability
- Experience creating full funnel marketing content to support lead generation activities
- Commercial awareness and experience working in a revenue driven environment
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and stakeholders across an international organisation
- Proficient in supplier identification, selection and KPI management
- Familiarity with the energy and maritime industries, investor relations experience and/or Norwegian language skills would be beneficial
What we’ll do for you:
A competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a high performing and creative marketing team.
We want you to share our values:
- People are our business and the core of everything we do. You should be able to grow the talent within our business, nurture a friendly, engaging and rewarding culture and deliver an exceptional level of service to our clients.
- We explore and encourage you to demonstrate and reward creativity in your team. You will utilise the latest techniques and technologies, be inquisitive and take up the challenge.
- Open and collaborative, you should be helpful, respectful and flexible. We expect you to communicate effectively, sharing knowledge and your experience with the wider team.
- Driving performance, you should be commercially aware and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You lead by example, going above and beyond expectations and delivering real value.
- Delivering with pride and excellence in everything we do. We expect you to present solutions, on time and within budget and to a consistently high standard. You should offer honest and constructive feedback and take pride in your craft, never settling for ‘good enough’.
If you are interested in joining the Mintra team, please email your CV to: