Mintra has an exciting opportunity for a talented and dynamic Group Financial Controller to join our Business Support team, to manage the accounting team. This is a permanent position which can be based in any of the main locations of the company including Bergen, Oslo, Aberdeen and Limassol.
Mintra’s business is built on these two principles. We develop and deploy solutions that allow our global client base to develop and deploy their people. We are a leading supplier of digital learning and human capital management software to safety critical industries, with core markets in maritime and energy.
In a world where adoption of digital technologies is growing at pace, our work in creating solutions that solve client challenges has never been so important. Do you have the drive and determination to help our clients make that transition and ensure we retain our market-leading position?
About the job:
The Group Financial accountant will manage the finance/accounting team for the Company and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, ensuring that all necessary tasks and reporting are carried out by the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and mentoring the Financial accounting team across the group and geographies
- Lead position in the Finance organization with responsibility for IFRS/GAAP accounting policies
- Responsible for the group accounting and consolidation process and reporting of the group statutory statements
- Responsible for audit requirements and lead the internal and external group audit planning
- Responsible for the internal control processes for financial, tax and VAT reporting
- Responsible for the financial reporting schedules and support and liaise with financial managers in the subsidiaries
- Interacting with all levels of management to provide clarification and research issues regarding reporting and budgeting
- Advising on longer term financial planning
- Contribute to the improvement in key business process such as billing and credit collection
We`d like you to have:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent operational experience
- Preferred qualified with an accounting certified body
- Minimum 5 – 10 years operational experience in a senior finance/accounting, or audit role
- Solid grounding in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and statutory financial reporting
- Experience from cross border transactions, multi-currency environment
- Knowledge of public markets reporting and requirements
- Accurate, self-driven and be able to initiate and develop tasks without direct supervision
- Must have an excellent level of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Must be computer literate
What we’ll do for you:
Provide a competitive salary and benefits package
We want you to share our values:
- People are our business and the core of everything we do. You should be able to grow the talent within our business, nurture a friendly, engaging and rewarding culture and deliver an exceptional level of service to our clients.
- We explore and encourage you to demonstrate and reward creativity in your team. You will utilise the latest techniques and technologies, be inquisitive and take up the challenge.
- Open and collaborative, you should be helpful, respectful and flexible. We expect you to communicate effectively, sharing knowledge and your experience with the wider team.
- Driving performance, you should be commercially aware and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You lead by example, going above and beyond expectations and delivering real value.
- Delivering with pride and excellence in everything we do. We expect you to present solutions, on time and within budget and to a consistently high standard. You should offer honest and constructive feedback and take pride in your craft, never settling for ‘good enough’.
If you are interested in joining the Mintra team, please email your CV to: