|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|To ensure that the vessels are supplied with authorised stores, spares and other products in a timely manner within budget and approved costs, consistent with Company Operating Procedures, Marine Policies and at the most competitive costs. Support the Fleet superintendent throughout all fleet operations.|
|• Safety is our first priority and the Fleet Procurement Officer shall assist the team in the Fleet Cell and on board to operate with the highest focus on safety and the environment.|
• Our Customers are our second priority after safety. The Fleet Procurement Officer shall support the team on board and ashore to always keep the best interest of the Customer in the highest regards.
• Creation of office requisitions in company system per instructions from Fleet Superintendents or agreed annual commitments.
• Processing of vessel and office requisitions through company system in accordance with set controls.
• Obtain, present and verify quotations received from approved suppliers, in adherence to company policy.
• Maintain a knowledge of approved suppliers and scope of supply, working with Fleet Cell Liaison Managers to identify and promote available solutions within the Fleet Cell.
• Clarify any additional information as required by supplier, vessel or Fleet Superintendents in a timely and reliable manner
• Liaise with Fleet Superintendents and on-board Senior Management on purchasing matters
• Co-ordinate supply of ship spares and stores upon authorisation from relevant departments.
• Pro-actively manage the pick-up, storage and last mile delivery of ship spares to the vessel, maximising consolidation opportunities where appropriate
• Communicate spares shipment details to vessel and appointed agents
• Manage the progress and delivery of all orders until finalised as received on-board.
• Resolve any supply discrepancies as advised by vessel or fleet cell with suppliers
• Receive, check and manage invoices within the scope of the procedure and pass to the Accounts Department for payment.
• In conjunction with the Fleet Cell, assist in urgent situations by providing out of office hours support to assigned vessels or Fleet Superintendents, in the event that it is required.
|• Ability to communicate and co-ordinate effectively via direct communication and electronic correspondence.|
• Proficient computer skills; the ability to learn and use company software systems.
• Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|31 May 2022|